1. I graded 32 papers last night while I had John Carpenter’s The Thing on television as background noise. Of course, the movie distracted me in all of its nailbiting gory suspense. However, all I could think of at the moment was the fact that Keith David was in it, and I STILL have yet to see a movie starring Keith David and David Keith, and I want that.
2. I have a colleague who has an honest-to-god ex-student-turned-professional stalker. Apparently, this has been going on for the past two years, and it has grown much worse. There are no protections for any of us faculty at the school. Just a couple of old wanker “security” guards in their old wanker golf carts (again, what is with the golf carts).
3. I don’t care that there’s a giant water stain covering my dining room ceiling. I have no money.
4. I wish people would stop using terms like “privilege” and “mansplaining” to seem academically opinionated (and incredibly self-serving).
5. I am eating ramen for lunch right now because (see number three).
6. I don’t want to hear about it. I just want to take a nap.