Apparently, I’ve been nominated for something quite lovely-sounding called the “One Lovely Blog Award” by the very kind author Lew-Ellyn Hughes of Away With Words at http://lewellynhughes.wordpress.com
Not to plagiarize the text of the rules and whatnot, but apparently, I have to repost them:
To be nominated, a blog must be, well… lovely. In order to “accept” the award one must follow proper etiquette:
Thank and link back to the person who nominated you for the award.
▪List the Rules and Display the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
▪Share 7 facts/things about yourself.
▪Nominate around 15 other bloggers and let them know about the award. This is a way to introduce others to bloggers that you love.
▪Follow the blogger who nominated you.
7 factoids about myself:
- When I lived in Tokyo, my house was just two blocks from some sort of apartment complex/dormitory inhabited by sumo wrestlers. I never knew this until I couldn’t enter the 7-11 (yes, 7-11’s in Japan!) down the street because the owner closed the store for a couple of hours a day in order to cater to the needs of his extremely heavyset and soon-to-be-famous customer base.
- My mom once hired a spiritualist to talk to the ghosts in our house.
- I’ve tried durian and hated the experience.
- I’ve written a superhero novel I’m trying to get published. It’s the first in a trilogy.
- I teach and used to perform onstage, yet I am a huge introvert.
- I have difficulty spelling words aloud.
- I love horror films. Not wholly into gore but I like strong, creepy fare, for sure.
Without further adieu, I nominate the following authors/blogs for the One Lovely Blog award:
1. Helen Meikle’s Scribblefest at http://helenmeikle.wordpress.com/
2. In My Ruins, There is Treasure at http://inmyruinsthereistreasure.com/
3. Janey Does Blogging at http://janeydoe57.wordpress.com/page/2/
4. lifelessons — a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown at http://grieflessons.wordpress.com/
5. Grief Happens at http://griefhappens.wordpress.com/
6. My Purse is Closed at http://mypurseisclosed.wordpress.com/
7. This Counts as Writing, Doesn’t It? at http://denisedufresne.wordpress.com/
8. Pippakin Talks Cats, Dogs, Teeth and Claws at http://pippakinclawz.wordpress.com/
9. You Ain’t Special at http://youaintspecial.wordpress.com/
10. Life – Half Glass Full at http://mitraarchita1995.wordpress.com/
11. Away with Words (I think I can nominate the nominator…I think it’s well within my rights) at http://lewellynhughes.wordpress.com/
12. A Little Fluff at http://fibercompulsion.com/
13. Carlos Cunha at http://carlosxcunha.wordpress.com/
14. Horrorville at http://horrorville.net/ (horror can be lovely, too…it’s all good)
15. A Blog’s Life at http://gjrblogger04.wordpress.com/